A Light at the End of the Spectrum
Finally, there’s a place where you can find innovative classes and clubs for your loved one with autism… and support, guidance and understanding for your whole family. A place where you can feel at home… where you can relax, talk to others and forge a bond based on common experience. A place open to the entire community to foster an environment of inclusion, acceptance and friendship.
That place is the Family Center for Autism. Welcome.
A Spectrum of Services
The Family Center for Autism is Long Island’s first venue that provides a lifespan of services and programs to kids with autism, a lifeline of support to families who love them—and a vital resource to the educators who teach them.
Located in Garden City in a gleaming, 9,800-square foot, four-story building open to the public, the Family Center for Autism is a comprehensive resource to kids, teens and adults with autism, their families, community members, educators and school districts.
We’re Here for Your family
The Family Center for Autism is just that: A center for families. We provide a lifespan of services to people with autism—and a lifeline of integrated, comprehensive support to the families who love them.
The first organization of its kind on Long Island, we take the resources available to families whose loved ones have autism to a whole new level, offering much-needed love, support—and acceptance. From recreational, educational and social activities that are also open to the public, to parent workshops, respite events and support groups, we’re here for you, your loved one and your family—now when you need us the most.
The Family Center for Autism is staffed by a team of dedicated, experienced professionals who share a deep commitment to providing individuals with autism—and the families who love them—the resources they need to live life to the fullest. We invite you to meet some of them.
What We Offer
Activities, activities and more activities!
There’s virtually something for everyone at the Family Center for Autism. From art, music and movement to culinary classes and recreational activities—even birthday parties and haircuts—we offer a wide variety of activities and services for people with autism, their families and the community at large.
But at the Family Center you’ll find more than just fun activities for people with autism, you’ll find a true resource: One you can count on for support and guidance, every step of the way.
See for yourself: Check out what we offer then look at our schedule for upcoming events and activities for children, teens and adults. Ready to get started? Register now.
- ABA Insurance/Behavior Intervention Services
- Art, Music & Movement
- Birthday Parties
- Culinary Classes
- Educational & Vocational Programs
- Individual Services
- Parent Seminars & Social Events
- Recreational & Social Events
- Sibling Support Groups
- Summer & School Break Camps
- Salon & Spa Services
- Sports & Fitness Classes
- Special Events
- NEW Sensory Gym
Behavior Intervention Services
The Family Center for Autism Behavior Intervention Services (BIS) program provides the latest in progressive, innovative solutions and support to families and school districts throughout Queens, Nassau, Suffolk and the Bronx.
The BIS team, including BCBAs, features professionals who collaborate with district personnel, family members, and consulting specialists to create, implement and monitor behavior intervention programs for each individual with:
- Treatment objectives consistent with school outcomes to provide greater continuity and opportunities for success.
- Service types, duration and frequencies recommended to the special education committee based on data driven analysis.
- Remote supervision using standardized assessments and the latest technology.
- Student progress monitored and shared securely with school districts via online updates and reports.
Our comprehensive and intensive Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) approach incorporates opportunities for learning across all settings and environments—at home, in the classroom and in the community—and includes:
- Behavior consultation services
- Needs assessment evaluation with written findings and recommendations
- Parent training & counseling
- Extended school day services (ESD) in home or school.
- Professional development & training to meet a district’s, school’s or agency’s needs.
- BCBA supervision consisting of two tracks.
Applied behavior analysis programs such as this one are now covered by health insurance, according to New York State law. This program also is available as a private pay service to families.
September Event Highlight
A Balanced You
The Family Center for Autism is pleased to introduce a new workshop for our member parents. We have partnered with Balance Botanicals to bring you this program, focused on you, your needs, and how to create “A Balanced You.”
Monday, September 25
The Family Center for Autism
1517 Franklin Avenue, Garden City
Over the course of the workshop, you will learn:
- Simple yoga stretching practices as well as some breathing and meditation techniques to help you get the most out of the mind/body connection with Barrie Overend
- Communication tools which uncover confidence and clarity to minimize conflict with Jeanne M. Stafford
- Essential oil choices to impact positive mood, productivity and relaxation with Theresa DeMarco
Call 516.355.9400 to register. Space is limited!
Join us and let us show you how to have “A Balanced You!”
Interested in learning more about this business
Submit your contact information to get more info from the business above.